Skybox is seeking a Director of Product Marketing to create compelling product marketing strategies and content to effectively enable go-to-market for the entire Skybox Security Suite of products. Success will be about more than hard work; you must have a talent for grasping technology deeply and the ability to translate technical benefits to end-users, sales and influencers. Our ideal candidate will be creative, analytical and extremely well organized, with a high-level of attention to detail.
The candidate should possess a deep understanding and experience with cybersecurity technologies, especially those sold to large enterprises. They will have a strong technical and business background, leadership skills and a passion to deliver world-class software that helps to secure some of the world’s largest and most security conscious organizations.
- Serve as product ambassador: Harmonize product marketing with the “company story” and communicate a clear value proposition that will drive product awareness and acquisition
- Understand and support our sales channels: Train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Produce product-focused marketing content and sales enablement: Identify and develop the best product marketing assets to explain product value proposition, market trends and technologies; this includes sales presentations and tools, competitive assessment and positioning, product collateral (whitepapers, datasheets, tech briefs) and core product and technical content for marketing materials and campaigns
- Stay on top of the competitive landscape: Be an expert on our competition and our potential competition and how they are positioned — not just at a product-to-product level, but at a corporate level (e.g., why did Company X just acquire Company Y, and what are the implications?)
- Lead product launches: Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Provide thought leadership: Act as a primary thought leader for Skybox products and the broader security market externally, including speaking engagements, blogs and other written works. Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Lead by example: Use your excellent people and management skills to hire and mentor employees, interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties — absolutely must be a team player
- Bachelor’s degree required, technical degree preferred
- MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, solutions marketing or product management required
- Experience marketing an enterprise software solution to address the security or overall management of large environments, including public and private cloud infrastructure
- Experience at a business-to-business enterprise software company required
- Experience understanding technology at a deep level and ability translate to business needs concisely required
- Experience managing, recruiting, leading and mentoring teams during periods of growth
- Experience developing presentations to customers, sales teams and partners preferred
- Solid experience in positioning work and writing market requirements for complex products and/or market dynamics
- Strong presentation skills required; must be comfortable speaking in front of all levels, from entry level employees to the C Suite
- You are a team player, knowing how to work well cross-functionally to rally teams around your strategy and plans
- You can balance both the art and science of product marketing, having great creative intuition and an insatiable appetite for data and insights