Skybox Security is seeking a highly motivated hands-on experienced Java software engineer to join the Skybox R&D QED group. The QED group is responsible for resolving customer critical problems for Skybox server platform, web services, and network devices connectors while ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved.
This position reports to Skybox QED Director located in Israel. This is a unique opportunity to expand our R&D Group to the US. The position is remote.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting including debugging through the product code level as well as reading product logs and dumps to identify and resolve complex R&D bugs that were escalated by Skybox customers.
- Provide a quick and professional solution for critical problems and to participate in the development of new serviceability features.
- Responsible for liaison between customer care, R&D, Product Management and other Business units.
- Maintain a low rate of escalations to other R&D teams.
- Assemble technical articles and troubleshooting procedures to be used by customer care teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years’ experience in similar technical and/or development position
- At least 3 years of practical experience in Java
- Experience working with the following technologies:
- Web Services and REST API
- JBOSS and Apache Tomcat
- SQL, JDBC & Hibernate
- Familiarity with Network architecture, fundamentals and security (routers, firewalls, switches).
- Ability to comply with tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasking, self-learning, highly motivated and a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, FortiGate or any other leading network security vendors
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Experience in Scripting (Python/Perl/bash)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, initiative and out of the box thinking.
- Customer facing communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to understand flows and provide creative technical solutions.