The Junior Accountant will be a key member of our growing finance team. This position will provide support in accounting operations and assist with the financial close process. Tight deadlines and juggling various accounting tasks including but not limited to assisting with the month-end close, general ledger maintenance, accounts receivable/accounts payable and year-end financial reporting. We are seeking a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills with a high tolerance to change and the desire to help build a company and grow with it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage communications and reporting with vendors and accounts payable across multiple clients
- Process vendor bills and ensure proper GL and department coding
- Maintain all necessary vendor records
- Process vendor payments
- Manage credit card transactions and ensure proper GL and department coding
- Review expense reports and managing employee training on policy and systems
- Manage and review all Purchase Orders and ensure that it is in-line with company policy
- Training new employees on Purchase Order process, guidelines and policy
- Preparation of 1099 maintenance and assist with 1099 annual filing
- Assist in ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1 year of relevant accounting experience.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles including US GAAP
- Knowledgeable of Net Suite accounting software is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office; advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of comfort working across all levels of management, employees and vendors
- Exceptionally high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Quick learner that can handle multiple priorities and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent people, customer service and team collaboration skills.
- Highly professional in dealing with confidential matters.