We are looking for a tech-savvy and detail-oriented marketing operations manager to be an integral part of our marketing team. You’ll drive the evolution and execution of the marketing operations technology stack, defining and refining processes and systems that are integral to marketing success. You’ll get to exercise your passion for technology and your abilities to help marketers realize campaign goals and drive business growth.
As the essential link connecting marketers and marketing systems, you’ll evaluate, recommend, and manage marketing technologies that support demand generation and field marketing campaigns. You’ll be the subject matter expert on Marketo, demand generation, data cleanup and enrichment, account-based marketing, and other tools. You’ll figure out what works and what doesn’t through administration tools, reports, analytics, and feedback from marketing, sales, and IT/IS personnel.
The successful candidate will have 3 or more years of marketing operations experience. They will bring an understanding of programs and technologies used for webinars, sponsored content, online advertising, email programs, event registration, and more. They will also have a high EQ and good communications abilities, able to train others and share knowledge, as well as work cross-functionally to form solutions.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Marketing, and is located at the Skybox Security headquarters office in San Jose, CA.
- Marketing Automation Systems Management: Primary subject-matter expert managing for Marketo platform and campaign templates, maintain linkages with SalesForce, and support campaign and list creation.
- Lead Scoring and Nurturing: Drive the design, development, and maintenance of lead scoring and nurturing systems.
- Lead Flow Management: Enhance and optimize lead management processes and automation, ensuring timely distribution of leads to sales team and monitoring follow-up and conversions
- Process Design: Design and document processes that streamline interactions between people and marketing systems. Identify systems and process gaps. Ensure best practice campaign execution.
- Project Management: Gather requirements, work with marketers and technologists to manage marketing operations projects to successful completion
- User Training: Create training materials to teach marketing and sales personnel how to use marketing technologies and processes to achieve goals.
- Reporting and Analytics: Leverage Salesforce, Marketo, and other reporting systems to create reports and dashboards on key marketing and sales metrics. Analyze campaign effectiveness and recommend ways to optimize results.
- Data Integrity: Identify data inconsistencies, investigate root causes and implement data quality solutions as needed to maintain marketing databases. Assist with data acquisition, list segmentation to support campaigns.
- Develop Requirements: Work with cross-functional teams, vendors, and agencies to articulate marketing problems, develop business requirements, investigate vendor offerings, and trial new technologies. Keep abreast of industry trends to offer recommendations for long term MOPS vision.
- Support Requests: Maintain a queue of requests from users, IT/IS and others, and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 4+ years of experience as a power user or subject-matter expert on CRM and marketing automation solutions such as Salesforce, Marketo or similar solutions. Marketo certification is highly desired.
- Experienced with digital campaigns, webinars, email and other marketing programs
- Passion for marketing technologies and processes; learns new technologies easily
- Creative problem solver
- Works well independently, organized and detail oriented; a self-starter
- Doesn’t get flustered under deadlines
- Analytical and quantitative; enjoys using data to derive business insights
- Strong communication abilities, interpersonal skills, and team ethic
- 5+ years of experience managing or implementing marketing technologies[PE3]
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment