Skybox Security is looking for multiple sales engineers to be part of our fast-growing sales organization.
2015 was a banner year for the company, and continued a longer trend of sustained growth. In four years, Skybox has grown its acquisition rate of new customers by 220 percent and revenue by 221 percent. In 2015, the company increased year-over-year sales by 55 percent, fueled by a 59 percent increase in deals valued more than $100,000 and 165 percent increase in deals valued more than $500,000. To keep pace with this trajectory, we’re seeking talented, passionate and driven sales engineers to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales activities: Assist the sales director with preparations for customer and prospects meetings, presentations, gathering requirements and competitive positioning
- Technical support: Provide technical account management and project management, and conduct hands-on product demonstrations and technical discussions with prospects, customers and channel partners
- Pilot execution: Lead and manage pilot and proof-of-concept execution
- Customer support: Provide limited first-level customer support
- Customer training: Support customer training activities, including creating training materials and content
- 4+ years’ experience with security systems and security products
- 4+ years’ experience in customer-facing activities, including technical product sales engineer activities
- Understanding of security complexity in large organizations
- Experience with firewall auditing and network access control mechanisms
- Experience in risk assessment, risk management and risk consulting
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with network devices such as firewalls, routers and load balancers
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanners such as Nessus, Qualys and Tripwire
- Knowledge of information security standards (ISO 17799, COBIT, PCI, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in sales environment and with multiple sales directors and channel partners
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Team player
- Hands on system administration (Linux, Windows)
- Programming concepts, especially Perl and shell scripting
- CISSP—clear advantage; other security certifications desirable
Competitive Salary, Equal Opportunity Employer
Skybox Security offers a full benefit package including paid time off, bonus, and stock options. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Skybox Security is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, or other prohibited factors under applicable federal, state, and local laws.