Skybox is looking for a highly motivated hands-on Senior Java Server Developer- expert in this field, to join the Modeling Development group.
The R&D Network-Modeling Group is responsible for collecting configuration data from network devices, vulnerability scanners, and network management frameworks and creates a detailed network model for the Skybox platform.
This role offers challenges across wide variety of responsibilities. You will have an opportunity to influence the future direction of the group and gain experience in wide range of technologies.
The Senior Java developer will report to the Modeling Team leader.
- Take ownership of network device connectors and enrich and improve our network modeling
- You will be a senior developer in the team with responsibilities in all aspects of creating a reliable, well-designed, readable, well-formed code with high quality
- Provide clear and high quality detailed design for various components and take part in code reviews
- Constantly motivate the team for continues improvement and for innovating solution to bring high value to our customers
- Responsible for knowledge transfer between developers, QA, product owners, support and tech writers
- BSc. In computer science
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals – routers, firewalls, switches
- At least 5 years developing in Java, Server side (J2EE).
- Experience in large and complex software solution
- Experience working with Web Services, REST API
- Highly technical individual, hands-on coder and interpersonal skills.
- Customer (end-user) oriented attitude
- Network knowledge – Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper
- Linux/UNIX command line experience
- Experience working with Hibernate, Spring
- Knowledge in Perl, Python
- Previous role as Tech Lead