We are looking for a talented Technical Marketing Engineer who will play a key role in developing product communications materials for our sales team, partners, and customers. The role requires a person who is technically proficient – able to ‘dig in’ to understand technical products – yet also able to communicate well to technical audiences. You'll be the Competitive Intelligence lead, able to set up and manage a competitive lab environment, design tests, then build documents to convey the information to the field.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will be the in-house product specialist, building deep knowledge about our products, competitors, and use cases that are essential to craft accurate and engaging materials for technical audiences.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, R&D to create materials for sales, partner, and customer consumption. You’ll work with account teams, customers, ecosystem partners and channel partners to help them understand our product capabilities, present solutions and provide inputs on market requirements for future solution development.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Product Marketing and is located in North America.
- Develop competitive analysis and benchmarking of Skybox products vs. competition
- Support product reviews and demonstrations for analysts or technology partners as a technical product expert
- Deliver webinars and participate in technical training sessions.
- Capture customer use cases and create technology briefs and solution design guides to explain how to implement these use cases
- Identify product gaps and work with the product management team to articulate requirements that will ensure the success of Skybox products in the market
- Author original product content that will be used by the marketing team to create external facing material such as whitepapers, videos, blog posts, presentations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Able to understand and articulate the needs of IT security decision makers
- BS in Engineering or IT/IS related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7 years demonstrated proficiency working with enterprise IT products
- 5+ years in product marketing, product communications, or similar role
- Strong foundation in security technologies
- Experience with competitive intelligence
- Quick learner: Ability to quickly come up to speed in new technology areas
- Strong communicator: Excellent written communication and presentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in all or some of the following areas: Cyber Security, Firewall Management, Vulnerability Management, Threat Management, Security Analytics
- In-depth understanding of enterprise software for IT security
- Prior technical training or technical support experience is a plus