Location: United States (Remote)
Department: Professional Services
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer to be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team of our North America Professional Services team. We’re deploying next generation software, and we want someone with as much passion for the work as we have.
You'll be working as part of a professional services team, performing the integrations necessary to work with the Skybox product suite configured and deployed by PS team members. This is a hands-on role, working with other PS engineers some of which may code but will leverage you as the primary developer for integration and SME on the topic.
You will :
- Participate in customer calls providing discovery to determine integration effort
- Create Level of Effort Estimates for integration work
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals.
- Be proactive in keeping your skills fresh.
You will need :
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, or a Bachelor’s in an unrelated field with at least 5 years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in development with Python 3 and SQL (primarily DML).
- 3+ years of experience developing on Linux.
- 3+ years of RESTful API experience
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: MySQL, SQLServer, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Docker, Node, Golang, .Net.
- Ability to write idiomatic Python 3 code.
- Knowledge of Python performance techniques.
- Familiarity with performance testing and tuning Python servers.
- Good working knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- A strong code and architecture design sensibility.
- Self-starter, motivated and used to being autonomous
- Experience working with large enterprise organizations in Networking, Firewall and Security role is a plus
- Excellent soft skills - communication and customer management skills
- Proven ability to write process and procedure documents for customers
- CISSP or equivalent certification is a plus
- Vendor Certifications a plus (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto etc.) is a plus
- Network Security experience is a plus