Cybersecurity solutions for a riskier world – executive summary
The largest global cybersecurity benchmarking study executive summary reveals how organizations can protect themselves in the emerging risk and threat landscape.
Download this executive summary to learn:
- Which industries are most prepared and least prepared for the changing threat landscape?
- Which metrics do the most advanced organizations track and measure?
- How cybersecurity budgets impact time to detect and mitigate breaches.
- The top ten investments that organizations with no breaches are making.
- How the prioritization of IT and OT assets impacts the likelihood to be breached.
- Ten best practices to turbo-boost cybersecurity performance.
This groundbreaking benchmarking study delves into the cybersecurity investments, practices, and performance results of 1,200 companies across 14 industries in 16 countries. The study is sponsored by Skybox Security, ServiceNow, Elastic, Booz Allen Hamilton, Claroty, KnowBe4, Securonix, Votiro, Zenkey, and Axis Communications.
The study examines how cybersecurity leaders organize for success and which investments in people, process, and technology deliver the best results. It analyzes the cybersecurity steps they are taking to be more risk-ready, human-centric, risk-based, and digitally enabled. Crucially, it draws on reported performance data and uses correlation analysis to show which efforts yield the best outcomes.
The study utilizes NIST as the primary framework to measure the maturity of cybersecurity programs. It also looks beyond NIST to measure maturity of organizations in taking a risk-based approach. It turns out that risk-based leaders, who implement best practices beyond the NIST framework, experience fewer breaches than others. The risk-based leaders rated their programs as more mature in the following areas and more:
- Attack surface visibility and context
- Attack simulation
- Exposure analysis
- Risk scoring
- Vulnerability assessment
Download this executive summary to learn ten best practices to turbo-boost cybersecurity performance.
Get the full benchmarking study for a deep dive into all of the rich research insights.