Vulnerability and Threat Trends Report 2020
The Skybox Research Lab finds new vulnerabilities are rising, OT advisories are dramatically increasing and there is a surge of vulnerabilities with medium-severity CVSS ratings.
Download the report to:
- Understand the trajectory of vulnerability growth.
- Find out what the top 10 vulnerabilities are by associated malware program.
- Learn what exploit kits are gaining the most traction.
The Vulnerability and Threat Trends Report 2020 examines new vulnerabilities published in 2019, newly developed exploits, new exploit–based malware and attacks, current threat tactics and more. This threat intelligence points to the fact that a new approach to IT vulnerability management is needed.
This report provides an understanding of the trends shaping the vulnerability and threat landscape and, in turn, helps security leaders strengthen their security posture management programs. Key findings of the report include:
- 17,220 new vulnerabilities were reported in 2019.
- OT advisories increased by 53% YoY.
- The volume of CVSS rated medium severity vulnerabilities rose significantly YOY.
- Vulnerabilities within Microsoft Window’s OS’s increased by 66%.
- Vulnerabilities on Google Chrome account for 38% of all browser vulnerabilities.