Cyberattacks increase across an expanding attack surface
Increased network complexity, insufficient OT security, crytomining malware growth, more OT and IIoT devices, mistaking CVSS severity as actual are five security trends to watch.
In 2021, cyberattacks expanded dramatically. Here are the top five threat trends to watch moving forward:
- Network complexity breeds security gaps.
- OT security insufficiencies have led to an increase in attacks.
- More OT and IIoT devices have complicated security.
- CVSS severity is not equal to actual risk.
- Cryptomining is leading the way in new malware growth.
With an expanding attacks surface and treacherous threat landscape, companies need to reimagine their security to stop breaches before they happen by prioritizing the most dangerous threats.