Pioneer a new approach to vulnerability management
Tear up the cybersecurity rule book. Long-held strategies that previously helped manage cybersecurity risk are no longer working in this new security landscape.
Read this report to:
- Explore how vulnerability practices have not kept pace with the changing security landscape.
- Learn how security leaders are moving from detect–and–respond practices towards pre–empt and prevent.
- Understand why CVSS–rated medium severity vulnerabilities do not equate to medium risk.
- Find out how attack chains are causing devastating damage.
- Discover five steps to build a more resilient cybersecurity program.
The World Health Organization reported a five-fold increase in cyber-attacks since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. Already contending with a cybersecurity skills gap and the pressures of securing an ever-expanding attack surface area, CISOs have been forced to rethink their approach to security due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The sophistication of the malware and methods used by attackers over the first half of 2020 highlight just how complex cybersecurity management has become. Key findings of the report include:
- 20,000 new vulnerability reports likely at the end of 2020.
- 50% increase in mobile vulnerabilities highlights dangers of blurred lines between corporate and personal networks.
- Ransomware and trojans are thriving during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Attacks on critical infrastructure are adding to the chaos.