The Total Economic Impact™ Of Skybox Security Posture Management Platform
Cost Savings and Business Benefits Enabled By Skybox Security Posture Management Platform. A The Total Economic Impact™ Study Commissioned By Skybox Security.
Learn how Forrester Consulting estimates the business value of Skybox including:
- A 142% ROI of the Skybox Security Posture Management Platform
- A 55% reduction in the risk of a significant data breach.
- A 50% decrease in downtime for mission-critical assets.
- A 20% increase in efficiencies for the security operations team.
- A 50% reduction of external audit resource time.
- A 30% increase in productivity of security analysts when conducting audit and compliance activities.
- A $329,000 savings in an enhanced and streamlined security stack.
Forrester Consulting interviewed four Skybox Security customers to assess the business benefits they have received from the Security Posture Management Platform. Through the representative interviews and financial analysis, Forrester found that a composite organization experiences benefits of $3.78 million over three years versus costs of $1.56 million, adding up to a net present value (NPV) of $2.21 million and an ROI of 142%.
Before investing in Skybox, customers noted how their organizations struggled with these common challenges:
Inability to prioritize vulnerabilities and extensive remedial work.
Interviewees discussed how their previous solutions to address threat and vulnerability management did not have the capabilities to distinguish or understand the criticality of threats across their IT and OT networks. This led to increased workloads across internal teams that were unable to keep pace with assessed vulnerabilities or with proper prioritization. Additionally, the potential threat of a significant data breach could have devastating consequences from a financial and brand standpoint.
Evolving needs for a centralized security system.
Prior solutions were focused on a smaller scope or regional security, which limited their visibility to enterprise level threats and gave rise to shadow IT internally. The principal network engineer at an IT security company discussed their company’s previous issues and the Skybox Platform’s influence:
“Our challenge was to figure out visibility. One of the first products that we brought in after we did a bake-off was Skybox because it filled the void that we didn’t have from our own products. There was no centralized group that was looking at these issues.”
Inflated costs and inadequate data to support increasing audit and compliance needs.
Companies were forced to manage internal policies and firewalls through complex and manual processes. Disjointed or missing data and limited reporting led to longer external and internal audits while exposing the company to compliance risk or having to pay external fines for audit failures.
When looking for a solution to address these challenges and ultimately choosing Skybox, customers searched for a solution that would enable them to do the following and more:
- Establish an organization-wide governance process for reviewing and prioritizing vulnerabilities and threats across IT and OT environments.
- Increase operational efficiencies through the reduction of menial work.
- Improve risk management and assessment.
- Prevent significant data breaches.
- Expand visibility, data, and critical audit logs to gain key government compliance standards and enable long-term growth.
- Utilize superior functionality and user experience.