Vulnerability and Threat Trends Mid-Year Report 2020
Cybercriminals take advantage of the pandemic to capitalize on the exponential rise of vulnerabilities and rapid cloud migration. Threat-centric vulnerability management is needed.
Read report to:
- Explore how to remediate the most exposed vulnerabilities.
- Find out how to enforce security in a post-pandemic world.
- Learn how to mitigate the risk of ransomware.
- Uncover how to improve OT security.
The Vulnerability and Threat Trends Mid-Year Report 2020 shows how criminals have taken advantage of the disruption caused by the pandemic. While organizations were vulnerable and distracted, hackers developed new ransomware samples and advanced existing tools to attack critical infrastructure — including vital research labs and health care organizations.
The sophistication of the malware and methods used by attackers over the first half of 2020 highlight just how complex cybersecurity management has become. Key findings of the report include:
- 20,000 new vulnerability reports likely at the end of 2020.
- 50% increase in mobile vulnerabilities highlights dangers of blurred lines between corporate and personal networks.
- Ransomware and trojans are thriving during COVID-19 crisis.
- Attacks on critical infrastructure are adding to the chaos.