Skybox Security today released an independent cost-benefit analysis of its industry-leading Security Posture Management Platform. The Forrester Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) Study, commissioned by Skybox Security, quantifies how Skybox customers can significantly reduce their exposure to data breaches resulting from internal and external threat actors.
After deploying Skybox, a composite organization comprised of Skybox customers reported:
- Three-year return on investment (ROI) of 142%
- 55% reduction in risk of a data breach
- 50% reduction in downtime of mission-critical assets
- 50% reduction in reliance on external auditors
- 30% improved productivity of security analysts
- 30% increase in security operations efficiencies
- Total benefits of over $3.7 million over three years
Forrester Consulting conducted the study by interviewing four Skybox Security customers to examine the ROI organizations have realized. Using Skybox, customers are able to prioritize and understand critical vulnerabilities while addressing compliance concerns on a global enterprise scale. Through increased visibility with the Skybox network model, customers acted on critical items faster across IT and OT functions – resulting in a 67% reduction in mean time to detect (MTTD) vulnerabilities.
ROI of proactive security posture management
“Legacy approaches to managing the enterprise attack surface are no longer enough. Skybox enables the most effective, systematic approach to security posture optimization across IT, OT, and cloud – going far beyond the traditional scan-and-patch playbook,” said Haggai Polak, Chief Product Officer, Skybox Security. “We believe this new study showcases the financial impact of the industry’s only solution that combines preventative security controls, advanced vulnerability prioritization, actionable security posture remediation options, and attack feasibility testing. As a result, Skybox exposure management and risk scoring uniquely identifies and mitigates the threats most likely to be exploited by adversaries.”
Additional customer benefits outlined in the study include:
- Decreases audit failures and reliance on external auditors
- Discovers, prioritizes, remediates, and reports on vulnerabilities across IT, OT, and cloud
- Makes complex security policy management easier, faster, and more effective
- Tests changes before implementing to avoid misconfigurations, non-compliance, and exposed vulnerabilities
- Consolidates processes to reduce IT/OT convergence risk
- Improves employee satisfaction with a reduction in menial tasks
- Eliminates the need for segmented homegrown tools, spreadsheets, and antiquated third-party solutions
- Provides opportunities for topline revenue growth
According to the Forrester Consulting study: “Keeping assets and data secure has become more difficult for companies operating complex internal networks on a global scale. These challenges are compounded by ever-increasing pressures from compliance and regulatory requirements. Implementing Skybox’s suite of products enables companies to discover, prioritize, remediate, and report exposed vulnerabilities as well as improve security policy management while driving efficiencies and decreasing operational downtime.”
Forrester Consulting Total Economic Impact™ Study commissioned by Skybox Security, September 2022.