Skybox® Security, a global cybersecurity software company headquartered in Silicon Valley, is seeking a Director of Brand and Marketing Communications.
We are looking for a dynamic marketing innovator who will refine the company’s brand image and messages, leading the way to greater visibility and awareness of our company and solutions. The ideal candidate will have expertise in brand and communications strategy; be able to craft targeted and persuasive company and solution narratives; and be skilled in the development of all forms of media to engage press, analysts, customers, and partners.
A collaborative team mindset is required, as you will be the lead architect of the company brand image, working with internal teams and external audiences to design, develop and realize a common vision. Ability to build consensus in a cross-functional international environment is required, along with strong team development and management skills.
Creativity is essential, as you will design campaigns to engage audiences, influence thought-leaders, and build communities. You will generate novel themes, build message platforms, write exciting copy and motivate your team and agencies to deliver high quality results. Experience in using all forms of communication including written copy, presentations, video, infographics, and advertising is required.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, and is located at the Skybox Security headquarters office in San Jose, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing Strategy: Develop exciting, innovative brand and communications strategies to meet corporate objectives.
- Brand Awareness: Refine the Skybox brand identity to build awareness with target audiences. Promote the brand through press, analysts, content and advertising programs. Develop and track indicators of brand awareness.
- Message Development: Develop effective, memorable and differentiated messages to reach and engage technical and business audiences. Ensure consistency of messages in all company communications.
- PR and Analyst Programs: Define PR and AR influence strategy, managing multiple PR agencies and analyst relationships globally.
- Content Strategy: Provide leadership and editorial direction to the Marketing Communications team to guide production of a wide range of content to support internal and external communications, sales and marketing programs, thought-leadership and brand awareness.
- Website and Social Media: Ensure consistent release of new content for multiple company website properties, define the social media strategy and ensure the successful execution of the plans.
- Creative Direction: Provide ideas and art direction to brand/advertising agencies, graphic designers, web developers and video producers.
- Team Leadership: Lead a staff of four marketing communications, PR, and web personnel. Orchestrate the work of internal and external writers and designers. Exhibit compelling and collaborative leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 10+ years of experience in brand and communications roles, preferably for a vendor of IT security, network or enterprise software solutions
- 5+ years management experience covering a team of direct reports and outside agencies and contract personnel
- At least 5+ years of experience managing PR and analyst activities
- Exceptional communicator with all audiences from C-level executive staff to technical specialists
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple people, outside agencies and concurrent projects
- Proven ability to build and execute a successful brand strategy for a B2B technology company
- Experienced in gathering external and internal input to gauge brand development and content creation needs
- Top-notch ability to define the editorial calendar and themes, create and edit content, and manage production in all media forms – copy, graphics, videos, presentations, etc.
- Experienced in managing a corporate website, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs
- Able to develop innovative, creative concepts and direct writers, designers, and external agencies to implement concepts
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Skybox Security employees are passionate, innovative and creative security professionals who excel independently and as a team. They enjoy working in a dynamic and global environment and are always looking for new ways to go beyond the expected. By joining the marketing group, employees will benefit from a truly unique opportunity to evolve their skills with a fast-moving, global company that’s growing at a rate of 50 percent annually.
Our best-in-class solutions give cybersecurity management and operations the tools they need to eliminate attack vectors and safeguard business data and services every day. With unparalleled visibility and context-aware intelligence of an organization’s attack surface, Skybox solutions drive effective vulnerability and threat management, firewall management and continuous compliance monitoring.
Skybox has customers in more than 50 countries and leverages a network of more than 150 channels worldwide. Fueled by a $150 million growth equity round in October, 2017, Skybox is now expanding quickly in all departments, expecting to double its staff in the next two to three years.
Skybox Security offers a full benefits package including paid time off, bonus and stock options. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Skybox Security is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status or other prohibited factors under applicable federal, state and local laws.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests