Skybox Security is seeking a highly motivated hands-on experienced Java software engineer to join the Skybox R&D QED group. The QED group is responsible for resolving customer critical problems for Skybox server platform, web services, and network devices connectors while ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting including debugging through the product code level as well as reading product logs and dumps to identify and resolve complex R&D bugs that were escalated by Skybox customers.
- Provide a quick and professional solution for critical problems and to participate in the development of new serviceability features.
- Responsible for liaison between customer care, R&D, Product Management and other Business units.
- Maintain a low rate of escalations to other R&D teams.
- Assemble technical articles and troubleshooting procedures to be used by customer care teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years’ experience in similar technical and/or development position
- At least 3 years of practical experience in Java
- Experience working with the following technologies:
- Web Services and REST API
- JBOSS and Apache Tomcat
- SQL, JDBC & Hibernate
- Familiarity with Network architecture, fundamentals and security (routers, firewalls, switches).
- Ability to comply with tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasking, self-learning, highly motivated and a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, FortiGate or any other leading network security vendors
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Experience in Scripting (Python/Perl/bash)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, initiative and out of the box thinking.
- Customer facing communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to understand flows and provide creative technical solutions.