Skybox is looking for a highly motivated hands-on Java Server side Developer to join the Modeling Development group.
The R&D Modeling Group is responsible for collecting configuration data from network devices, vulnerability scanners, and network management frameworks and creates a detailed network model for the Skybox platform.
This role offers challenges across wide variety of responsibilities. You will have an opportunity to influence the future direction of the group and gain experience in wide range of technologies.
The Java developer will report to the Modeling Team leader.
- Take ownership of network device connectors and enrich and improve our network modeling
- You will be responsible for creating a reliable, well-designed, readable, maintainable, well-formed code with high quality.
- Provide a clear detailed design for various components and take part in code reviews
- Constantly motivate the team for continues improvement and for innovating solution to bring high value to our customers
- Responsible for knowledge transfer between developers, QA, product owners, support and tech writers
- BSc. In computer science
- At least 3 years developing in Java, Server side (J2EE)
- Experience working with Web Services, SOAP/REST API
- Experience in large and complex software solution
- Highly technical individual, hands-on coder and interpersonal skills.
- Strong software engineering and design skills.
- Designing and implementing testable and maintainable code
- Customer (end-user) oriented attitude
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals – routers, firewalls, switches (Experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto).
- Linux/UNIX command line experience
- Deep knowledge of architecture and development in Java-based software systems
- Strong ability to lead significant architecture changes in an existing software system
- Hands-on experience with Microservices architecture