Department: Sales/Business Development
The Director of Channel & Alliances APJ, is responsible for recruiting, developing and managing APJ Partners, and to execute on the Skybox global channel program. This is a strategic role where the successful candidate would be responsible for developing scalable revenue streams and creating sales interlock with Strategic partners including Service Providers, MSSP’s, and System Integrators. This role will be responsible for deepening relationships with existing partners while at the same time developing a select few new partners.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts. Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Identify and target market opportunities where Skybox could generate major revenue streams through key MSSP/SI partners.
- Create strategic relationships with key people in the target partner accounts, for maximizing the joint GTM and revenue potential
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales activities and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively lead a joint GTM planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones
- Work as part of a global team using global relationships to develop the APJ market where possible
- Drives adoption of and builds execution plans for Skybox service-based propositions
- Work as part of an integrated channel and sales team to direct activities aligned to the global, regional and local partners
- Work with marketing teams to build and execute focused joint activities with partners to generate pipeline and revenue within Skybox target end-user clients
- Develop and own joint go to market business plans with partners
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated theater and partner accounts.
- Build interlock with Skybox and partner sales teams
- Build pipeline using partners as a strategic route to market
- Make agreements with partners to build joint service-based go to market business plans
- Align Skybox onto relevant preferred supplier lists
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Report to VP Global Channels and Alliances
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, PM resources, marketing, and other Technical and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with partner and end-user customer management as appropriate.
- Works closely with Customer Care Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Work closely with a global channel lead on coordination and standardization of Channel programs and tools.
- Minimum 15 years of APJ channel sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must, any higher degree is a plus
- Deep knowledge of the industry and the APJ SI and MSSP market
- Proven track record working with global/Indian systems integrators to build repeatable business models
- At least 10 years of experience working with Service providers, Regional and local SI’s a
- At least 5 years of experience in the cybersecurity or infrastructure management market
- Strong technical and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with a view for building scalable business models
- An understanding of key industry drivers and major technology vendors
- Ability to evangelize new technologies and ideas and to convert them to sales opportunities
- This position requires extensive travel within APJ and occasional travel outside.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.